We are interested and committed in creating a user friendly environment where it is easy for an user to post and reply ads without any concern. There are many things which you should keep in mind to protect yourself and your privacy online. The following are the few tips and techniques you should follow.
Posting an Ad
Online advertising gives us an opportunity to reach people as many as possible those who are interested in purchasing the goods that we post in a quick and effective way. But be careful while posting an ad as you may not know the people who respond to your ad.
- Never include your personal information in the ad like your address.
- Its always better not to post your picture and also don’t post adult material or nude images that oppose our terms and conditions.
- Talk to people on the phone and use your common sense before providing them information, like your address, and trust your instincts.
- If someone is coming to check out the items you advertised, make sure you're not alone when they arrive.
- Its always good to show items that are portable but expensive like digital camera in public places instead of your home.
- Take some one along with you when you meet the people personally.
- Meet people in a public place.
Responding to an Ad
Online ad services gives us immense number of opportunities to find different types of items that we are interested in purchasing. But be careful while responding to an ad as you may not know the people who respond to your ad.
- Avoid up-front payments via money order, wire transfer or moneygram before you see the item and meet the person personally.
- Use common sense and never provide your personnel information and trust your instincts
- Always meet people in a public place.
- When you go some ones house always bring a friend.
Scams and Fraudd
We live in the world where we find “n” number of people who can make our life miserable. This is true in the online advertising area as well. If its too good to be true, it’s a scam. Please read about these common scam types to educate yourself.
Notify scam attempts
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center
- FTC Video: How to report scams to the FTC
- FTC online complaint form
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- Consumer Sentinel/Military (for reports from services members or their families)
- SIIA Software and Content Piracy reporting
If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
If you suspect that a adsglobe.com’s post may be part of a scam, please send us the details